At Dalton Pharma Services, our team of formulation experts boasts experience in wide range of routes of administration:
- Solid dosage formulations (capsules, tablets for immediate release or extended release)
- Semi-solid formulations for oral administration (syrups, suspensions)
- Sterile liquid dosage formulations (ophthalmic, oral, nasal)
- Injectables drugs (intravenous, and intramuscular, subcutaneous injectables)
- Lyophilized formulations
- Topical formulations (creams, gels)
Formulation Services and Capabilities
- Formulation development for new chemical entities (NCE)
- Optimization of existing formulations
- Process development for selected dosage forms
- Novel formulations for improved delivery of existing dosage forms
- Controlled release and sustained release formulations
- Self-emulsifying drug delivery systems
- Colloidal drug delivery systems
- Sub-micron and nano-emulsions
Lipid based drug formulations have been embraced as one of the most attractive vehicles for drug delivery. Lipid formulation, designed to improve drug solubility and bioavailability, is an innovative alternative to traditional formulation technologies.
The proven safety of liposomes as drug carriers makes them appealing candidates for a variety of pharmaceutical applications formulations including oral, parenteral, topical and ophthalmic administration.
In recent years, liposome formulations have become commercially viable for enhanced drug delivery and Dalton has positioned itself to be at the forefront of this approach to formulation and drug delivery technology.
At Dalton, we understand the opportunity as ongoing advances in manufacturing technologies continue to result in the rapid introduction of lipid-based drug formulations and have taken all necessary steps to capitalize on the increased demand for these manufacturing methods in the market. Our Formulation Development experience includes liposome formulation of small molecules, proteins and peptides.
- Malvern Mastersizer (with zetasizer)
- LIPEX™ Extruder 10 mL (small scale unit)
- LIPEX™ Extruder 800 mL (scale-up unit)
- Key KG-5 Granulator
- Fluid Bed Dryer, Niro/aeromatic Strea-1
- Dissolution Apparatus
- Bosch 701 Encapsulator
- Hand-encapsulator and WAP vacuum for encapsulator
- Virtis Unitop 800 L
We are committed to meeting your formulation development needs. If you haven't found what your looking for, please contact us at 1-800-567-5060 or 416-661-2102 or email us.