Quality Control, Quality Assurance & Microbiology
Quality Control is responsible for sample testing to fulfil the quality requirements of Health Canada, FDA and International Regulatory bodies. Quality Assurance ensures that production materials meet quality specifications and are compliant with regulatory
guidelines through our planned and systematic quality systems. The primary purpose and mission of the department is to analyze the microbiological nature and make-up of substances, using a variety of modern microbiological techniques, methods and instrumentation
for its customers in a highly efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
The Microbiology department is involved in work as diverse as microbiological analysis, quality control, environmental monitoring and trending, microbiological support activities for sterile manufacture, microbiological method development and validation
as well as microbiological support for manufacturing process development as required.
We are always looking for new people to contribute to the company's growth. We offer a competitive salary and benefits and an excellent opportunity to build your career with a growing company.
Please forward your resume to:
Human Resources Department
Dalton Pharma Services Inc.
TWO POSITIONS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE:
Microbiologist (6- 12 Month Contract)
We have an opportunity for a 6- 12 month contract Microbiologist position that lives in the Toronto area. This person will mainly be doing data entry and EM Trending and gram staining.
- University degree in Microbiology
- 1 or more years’ experience in a quality control microbiology laboratory in a pharmaceutical company.
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal/leadership skills.
- Must be willing and able to work in a structured work environment with regard to safety and consistent conformance to standard operating procedures and work place practices.
- Experience in basic microbiological techniques.
- Experience in good laboratory documentation practices and regulatory guidelines e.g. SOPs, Pharmacopeias.
- Solid interpersonal and technical writing skills.
- Working in a very fast paced environment by performing duties within required deadlines.
- Work involves (1) Environmental monitoring of controlled environments (GMP areas) including aseptic fills, support areas and personnel (2) Isolation, purification and identification of microorganisms (Bacteria and molds) with particular attention to
pathogenic microorganisms (3) Gram staining and microscopic examination of slides (4) Analysis of viable and non-viable data obtained from the GMP area (5) Growth promotion testing (6) Media/reagent receiving, quarantine, preparation and storage (7)
Completion of safety and laboratory inventory check lists (8) Cleaning of work benches and laboratory equipment (9) Bioburden testing (10) Endotoxin testing (11) Water and material testing (12) Gowning qualification (13) Other microbiological tests
- Maintain documentation, including lab notebooks, equipment logbooks and microbiological data.
- Complete alert/action level forms and updates. • Maintain EM databases and trending of EM data as per SOP.
- Select, interpret, modify and validate microbiological procedures. • Identify cost savings without compromising quality.
- Provide support as per audit requirements and implement audit observation corrections.
- Write and execute validation protocols and provide training to co-workers for protocol execution.
- Provide training to new employees and training on new systems, equipment, etc. Solve problems in a professional manner.
As an Analytical Chemist with a B.Sc. or M.Sc. in chemistry and 5+ years’ experience using ICP-OES & ICP-MS instrumentation, HPLC and GC in the pharmaceutical industry, you are logical and have excellent oral and written communication skills.; You
have great accuracy and precision in all testing that you conduct and interpretation of analytical data and technical report writing are your forté.
Back to Job Postings